Did you know July is national ice cream month? In 1984, President Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month and the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day (falling on July 18 this year). So, what better way to stay cool and spoil your dog than to serve up some homemade ice, I mean pup cream! These 3 recipe are super easy to make, take only a few healthy ingredients, and best of all your dog will love it!
PEANUT BUTTER, BANANA DOG ICE CREAM
This pup-cream recipe is a favourite around our household. It combines the classic combination of peanut butter and bandana.
1 frozen banana
1 tsp of all natural peanut butter
1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut milk (or dog friendly milk alternative)
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy smooth (should be the texture of soft serve ice cream). Add more coconut milk if necessary.
2. Scoop out mixture and serve fresh or place in a freezer safe container and freeze for later.
These frozen treats are made with five common household ingredients and are incredibly easy to make.
2 cups of strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1 cup of plain Greek or regular yoghurt
2 tablespoons of honey1/4 cup of water
A silicone mold
1. To begin, lay your silicone mold on a hard surface- such as a baking sheet- so that it will be easy to later transport to the freezer.
2. Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth, approximately 2 minutes.
3. Pour the mixture into the silicone molds.
4. Transfer the treats to the freezer until the are set (approximately 30 mins).
5. Gently release the treats form the molds and watch your fur baby gobble them up!